Full-Time Police Officer Lateral
The Mesa Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer Lateral – In State and AZ POST Certified Non-Lateral and Police Officer Lateral – Out-of-State. The process will be open continuous until sufficient applications are received.
The Mesa Police Department offers a challenging career (not just a job) and opportunities through a variety of assignments offered for Sworn Police Officers and Civilian personnel. Now is the time to become a member of the Mesa Police Department. We have some of the best training and equipment in law enforcement.
We are continuously seeking out viable candidates for Sworn and Civilian positions that are ready to share in an active role in making the City of Mesa safe. Become a part of our team and make a difference in the community.
- Starting salary is $50,856.00.
- Top pay for police officer is $72,238.40!
- The City of Mesa does not take Social Security out of pay checks for police officers. This gives you more take home pay.
- Lateral officer pay ranges from $50,856.00- $65,353.60 depending on experience.
- After probation, lateral officers may use 50% of their police agency time towards the three year requirement for specialty assignments.
- For out-of-state applicants, the first visit may require a stay of 5 days. There will also be a second and third visit during the process.
- Earn 57 college credits for completing the Police Academy and the Field Training Program.
- In-State Lateral
We are seeking to hire competitive, visionary, and innovative employees who enjoy challenges, are problem-solvers, and have excellent team-working skills.
- Out-of-State Lateral
Do you love working in Law Enforcement but prefer to perform your duties in a warmer climate? Would you like to relocate to an area that is close to many diverse activities such as winter sports, California or Mexico beaches or even the thrill of Las Vegas — all within a 1/2 day drive? Then check out our Lateral Program just for out-of-state officers!