Full-Time Airport Police Officer
An Airport Police Officer is a sworn peace officer, authorized to carry a firearm who enforces federal and state regulations, City of Los Angeles ordinances, and security, traffic, and safety rules and regulations; engages in law enforcement activities, including uniformed foot, vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle patrol and plainclothes assignments, arrest, and report writing at Los Angeles World Airports; provides information to the public regarding locations and operations of the Department; and does related work.
$48,003 to $62,305
- 21 years of age at the time of hire. However, you may take the written test if you are at least 20 ½ on the written test date.
- Graduation from a U.S. high school, G.E.D. or equivalent from a U.S. institution, or a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate is required. A two or four year college degree from an accredited U.S. or foreign institution may be substituted for the high school requirements.
- United States citizenship, or non-citizens must be permanent resident aliens who, in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), are eligible and have applied for citizenship. Documentation that the USCIS accepted the candidate’s application for citizenship prior to the written test date must be submitted during the selection process.
POST-Certified Candidates May:
Be selectively certified (considered for hire prior to other candidates due to their advanced training).
A POST-certified candidate for this examination must either have:
- Completed a POST-certified Basic Police Academy within the last three years; or
- After having completed a POST-certified Basic Police Academy, been employed as a Police Officer within the last three years
If you meet either of these criteria, submit a copy of your certificate of completion of a POST-certified Basic Police Academy or your Basic Certificate issued by POST to Room 150 of the Personnel Department Building (address below).
Candidates who do not meet either of these criteria may be considered for hire based upon their rank on the eligible list, and if appointed, will receive POST training
HOW TO APPLY
THE SELECTION PROCESS IS STARTED by completing Public Safety Online Application, Preliminary Background Application and a Job Preview Questionnaire available at http://www.joinlapd.com/onlineapp and bringing results of the Preliminary Background Application and the Job Preview Questionnaire with you to the written test site. Testing is held at the locations indicated below (no testing on major holidays and no testing on the 3rd full week of the month). Check the test calendar at http://personline.lacity.org/psb_newsletter/calendar/